Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS), USDA Approved, Heat Inactivated; 500ml
Product Data Sheet and Certificate of Analysis
Fetal Bovine Serum: USDA Approved.
FBS is collected aseptically from the unborn fetus of Adult Bovine. The Serum is separated aseptically from the blood of the fetus which is allowed to spontaneously clot. The raw serum is stored frozen at -200C or below until processed by aseptic filtration. Material is collected from abattoirs located in countries approved by USDA for importation of Bovine Products into the United States of America (Canada, Australia, Central America, etc.), USDA certifies the material is free of various viruses at USDA option. The animals are inspected by a licensed veterinarian pre and post slaughter and are certified free of diseases of clawed animals. The serum is kept under quarantine in a USDA approved facility until tested and released for sale by USDA. Material is processed in an FDA registered facility under cGMP.
Filtration: All FBS products have been triple 0.1 micron filtered.
Storage and Handling:
- Store all serum products at -10°C to -30°C or below, unless otherwise indicated on the label.
- Stability studies have shown that animal serum products may be stored for up to five years under these conditions with little or no detrimental effect.
- Frost free or de-icing type freezers are Not Recommended. Each product is labelled with storage instructions.
Thawing to Aliquot:
- If possible thaw serum products at room temperature.
- If you need to thaw rapidly, a 37°C water bath is preferred.
- Please do not repeatedly freeze and thaw serum products. This will allow degradation of some active components of the serum.
- Occasionally lipid and or calcium particulates may appear in the serum. This does not indicate a problem with sterility or serum performance.
- It is recommended to aliquot the serum into sterile containers (suitable for freezing) and refreeze when not in use.
Usage: Unless otherwise mentioned in the product description this product is intended for the LABORATORY RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR HUMAN USE.